Osren Paint Correction and Paint Protection Course
Outline 2-day Course Overview – We offer an in-depth automotive paint correction and paint protection course. This workshop is designed for detailers already in the field who want to take their business to the next level. We ensure you leave with the confidence and know how to produce high quality results every time.
Correct Car Wash Method
3 Bucket Procedure – Why we use the 3-bucket method to ensure a swirl free wash every time.
Identifying Paint Flaws
- Hazing / Buffer Trails / Holograms / Marring / Micro-swirls / Etching / Clear Coat Stains / Random Isolated Deep Scratches (RIDS) / Water Spotting / Oxidation / etc.
Removal of Contamination / Industrial Fallout / Bonded Sap / Tar / Iron Particles – The importance of removing these forms of contaminations and if not removed, how this can damage your clients paint during polishing / paint correction step.
- Hands on practical on using claybar, deionisers and water-spot removal
Types of Compounds, Polishes & Paint Protection
Cutting / Medium / Finishing Compounds / Non-Diminishing & Diminishing Abrasives / Super Micro Abrasive Technology (SMAT) – Outline on the benefits of each type of compound and how they work as a liquid abrasive without filling or hiding the imperfections but permanently removing clear coat / paint flaws.
- Overview of Different Types of Paint Protection – Waxes / Sealants / Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) / Spray Coatings / Ceramic Coatings
Types of Pads
- Overview on The Types of Pads
- Wool / Microfibre / Open Cell & Closed Cell Foam / Cutting / Medium Cut / Finishing
Types of Polishing Machines
- Differences Between Rotary / Dual Action / Forced Rotation
Identifying Paint Types
- Hard / Soft / Acrylic / 2 Pack / Ceramic Clear
- Types of Vehicles that have Hard or Soft Paints
Stage 1 – A step that is suited for paintwork with no real visible swirls and only minor marring.
Stage 2 – Suited for vehicles that have moderate to medium swirl marks and other imperfections.
Stage 3 – Suited for vehicles that have heavy swirl marks, scratches and or heavy oxidation.
- How to Identify when to use each stage.
- Clear Coat Scratch Repair / Random Isolated Deep Scratches (RIDS)
- Product Overview
- Hands on Practical
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety Advice
- Each participant will receive their Certified Paint Correction & Coatings Technician Certificate.
- Option 1 – $2,500 Including GST
- Option 2 – $3,000 Including GST plus paint correction pack (15 mm dual action polisher machine, Pads, Compounds, Claybar)
- Both Options will include ongoing technical support as required (Trouble Shooting etc.)
- Minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 4 persons per 2-day course