Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating Certification Course
Osren Paint Correction and Paint Protection Certification Course
Outline 2-day Course Overview – We offer an in-depth automotive paint correction and paint protection course. This workshop is designed for new and existing detailers already in the field who want to take their business to the next level. We ensure you leave with the confidence and know how to produce high quality results every time.
Correct Car Wash Method
3 Bucket Procedure – Why we use the 3-bucket method to ensure a swirl free wash every time.
Identifying Paint Flaws
- Hazing / Buffer Trails / Holograms / Marring / Micro-swirls / Etching / Clear Coat Stains / Random Isolated Deep Scratches (RIDS) / Water Spotting / Oxidation / etc.
Removal of Contamination / Industrial Fallout / Bonded Sap / Tar / Iron Particles – The importance of removing these forms of contaminations and if not removed, how this can damage your clients paint during polishing / paint correction step.
- Hands on practical on using clay bar/clay cloth, iron particle and water-spot removers
Types of Compounds, Polishes & Paint Protection
Cutting / Medium / Finishing Compounds/polish / Non-Diminishing & Diminishing Abrasives / Super Micro Abrasive Technology (SMAT) – Outline on the benefits of each type of compound and how they work as a liquid abrasive without filling or hiding the imperfections but permanently removing clear coat / paint flaws.
- Overview of Different Types of Paint Protection – Waxes / Sealants/ Spray Coatings / Ceramic and glass Coatings
Types of Pads
- Overview on The Types of Pads
- Wool / Microfibre / Open Cell & Closed Cell Foam / Cutting / Medium Cut / Finishing
Types of Polishing Machines
- Differences Between Rotary and Dual Action-Random Orbital
Identifying Paint Types
- Hard / Soft / Acrylic / 2 Pack / Ceramic Clear
- Typical types of vehicles that have Hard or Soft Paint types
Stage 1 – A step that is suited for paintwork with no real visible swirls and only minor marring.
Stage 2 – Suited for vehicles that have moderate to medium swirl marks and other imperfections.
Stage 3 – Suited for vehicles that have heavy swirl marks, scratches and or heavy oxidation.
- How to Identify when to use each stage.
- Clear Coat Scratch Repair / Random Isolated Deep Scratches (RIDS)/Etching/Texture reduction
Ceramic and Glass coating application
- Product Overview
- Processes and preparation
- Tools and application techniques
Hands on practical
- Trouble shooting and coating rectification
- Sales and marketing tips
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety Advice
- Each participant will receive their Certified Paint Correction & Coatings Technician Certificate.
- $2,500 Including GST + Exclusive product discounts on the training day not available else where.
- Includes ongoing technical support as required with access to our exclusive forum (Trouble Shooting etc.)
- 1 and a maximum of 4 persons per 2-day course